"Milhojas" translates to 1,000 sheets roughly in Spanish. So here's the deal guys, it's the day before Valentine's Day, and you might be panicking as to what to get your sweetheart for tomorrow, right? Well, here's a delicious dessert that only takes about 30 minutes to make.
- 11 oz of strawberries
- 6 tbsp heavy cream
- 4 tbsp superfine sugar
- 1 pack of Fillo pastry
- confectioner's sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Wash the strawberries and remove the stalks. Cut half the fruit into slices and dice the rest.
- Mix the cream, sugar, and diced strawberries
- Use about 8-10 sheets of the Fillo and cut out disks using a 4 inch cookie cutter or glass.
- Place the disks on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Prick with a fork.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden
- On a plate, place a layer of the strawberry cream and then 1 disk of Fillo. Repeat three times finishing with a layer of strawberry cream.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
To make it extra Valentine's-y. Use a heart shaped cookie cutter. That's what I used here but you can't really see it.