Ever since I found out that PostalPix was available for Android, I've been printing out pictures almost every week. Most of them were so that I could add into my sketchbook/journal for art journaling, but others I didn't know what to do with. I wanted to display them around the house, but didn't know how to do it without making them permanent (For me, that means putting them in frames). I like to change out photos a couple of times once I get new favorites.
I remembered I had some leftover clothes line pins from a project a while back so I thought I would make a little hanging photo line.
- Acrylic paint (I chose different colors)
- Letter stamps
- Stamping ink pad
- Sealer- matte/gloss (optional)
- Level (or ruler)
- Wire (I used 16 gauge)
- Wire cutters
- 2 nails
- Needlenose pliers
1. Paint your clothes pins and let dry. I chose to paint each pin a different color. To even match the phrase I was using.
2. Once the paint (or sealer) is done drying, use the rubber stamps to add your phrase. I chose 'smile' but other cute ones could be: Cheese, memories, family, or any other message. These could also be personalized, say for a child and hung up in their room.
3. Now the kind of strenuous part, but not really. Using the level, mark two spots on the wall with a pencil. This is where the nails will be going. Make sure it's to your liking. I chose a small line about 14 inches long.
4. Hammer in the two nails where you designated the marks.
5. Cut the wire about 2 inches longer than your markings on both ends. This will give you space for the next step.
6. Using the needlenose pliers, wrap the extra wire around the nail two or three times, and snip away the excess.
7. Hang your pins, add your photos and Enjoy!